Sunday, March 8, 2009

Saturday Night Fun!

On Saturday night we had some family fun by making snickerdoodle cookies, building a fort, and watching a family movie together.


Mackee and Keely are sure good helper's in the kitchen.
Their favorite part is getting to lick the utensils.


Cousin Katie stayed with us for the weekend. What fun she was to have in our home. The girls adore her. A big thanks to her for babysitting for us so Zack and I could go out on a date the night before.

I snapped this adorable picture of the girls watching the cookies bake in the oven. They were so excited to EAT THEM!


The finished product! YUM YUM...
I think the girls will make fantastic bakers some day!


After cookies Dad said it was pajama time! Then dad helped the girls build a fort, but first he let them ride down the stairs on the cushions. They loved it!




As you can see my living room was converted into a fort using the kitchen table
GREAT IDEA DAD!
(No wonder why he won't let me buy a new table)

Finally, we all snuggled up inside the fort and watched a family movie!
It was a lot of fun. Thanks to Katie who was willing to actually sleep in the fort
overnight with the girls so that Zack and I could sleep in our own bed.

(Sorry there are no pics of Izzie, she was already fast asleep in her own bed!)

7 comments:

Katie said...

Cute post and let the girls know i had fun!!!! love ya
Katie

Anonymous said...

how fun!! It is always the cute little things that end up being the most fun and giving you the best memories!! :)

Sherise de Wit said...

Looks like the fort was fun!!! I remember building forts with Lindsay when we were little and we loved it!!

Mackee, Keely, you girls look like pros in the kitchen!

Elizabeth said...

What a fun evening! I'll have to try that sometime with my girls. Thanks for the great idea.

Bowman Bunch said...

What fun! Can you come organize that at my house next? That would be great. Love the fort idea. See ya tomorrow.

Adrianne Miller said...

You are my "mommy hero." Seriously, I don't know how you have the energy for all the family fun. I hope I can do half of the fun stuff that you do with your kids.

I don't think I am going to go to the reunion. I will still be as big as a house by then and have a very tiny little kiddie. Are you going?

Julee said...

Hi! Love your blog and glad you found mine! Your comment made me laugh because Liz doesn't see me much either :) That's why these blogs are great though - so that we can keep up with what's going on in each other's lives :) I'll let you link to my blog if I can link to yours! Sound good? :)