Monday, January 19, 2009

HAPPY BIRTHDAY RAQUEL!


I turned 28 this past week and boy did I get spoiled. The night of my b-day Zack and the girls decorated the table and cooked me a fabulous steak dinner along with the best homemade birthday cake ever. Ontop of all that excitment Zack took me on a very special overnight date over the weekend. I got taken out to lunch at the Pita Pit, then to Edwards for a movie, then to the RED LION hotel in downtown Boise, and then out to Applebee's for dinner. It was so nice to get to spend time together as a couple, we had a lot of fun. Thanks to grandpa and grandma Koehler who drove all the way from Idaho Falls to come baby-sit for us. We couldn't have done it without them!



Mackee got tested at kindergarten this week by her teacher for report cards and she did awesome! I was lucky enough to see the early results because I was volunteering. I watched her from a distance in the classroom and I knew she had gotten every answer right but at the end I asked her how she did and she looked at me and said "I DID AWESOME"! That's my girl... So I came home and baked her a giant size chocolate chip cookie as a reward. She was ecstatic that the whole thing was just for her.




3 comments:

The Mohrmann Family said...

Way cool! How did you do that? I'd like the recipe!

Lefgren Family said...

Happy Birthday Raquel! I always thought I would feel old at this point in my life with kids and just being almost 30. But boy was I wrong, we are still cool, young chicks with lots of energy!
Sue

Sherise de Wit said...

That's awesome Mackee!! Good job, school's very important and it looks like you're doing great!

I just started school not excited about it at all :(.

Happy Birthday Raquel! You look fantabulous!