Friday, January 9, 2009

Date Night!

Boise Temple
This week has been really crazy for me but also very rewarding. I spent much of my time taking care of Mackee who has a severe sinus infection. I also had to clean up throw-up, got locked out of the house by our two year old, had some buisness complications with preschool, and I found out that a friendly neighbor passed away.
Although life can be stressful at times, it is so nice to know that there is somewhere on this earth where we can go to get away from it all. The temple is where I feel peace and joy.
Zack and I went to dinner and to the Boise Temple tonight with our good friends Aaron and Janell Bowman. It was such an marvelous experience... When we arrived at the temple there were so many church members there serving that there was no parking available in either the Temple or the LDS Church parking lot next to it. I have never seen a temple so busy before. The temple workers did not even know where to put everybody. Not only was the spirit thriving inside this holy place, but my heart was so overwhelmed because I had the opportunity to perform sacred ordinances for women born in the early 1600's... For those of you who are members and reading this right now, then you will understand that those people have been waiting a very long time for their temple work to be done.
I am so glad we had the opportunity to go and serve this week. It is not always easy getting there. Especially, when babysitters have to be arranged and sick children need your attention, but once you are there, it is so worth the sacrifices. Not to mention the blessings that come from serving in the house of the Lord.
If there was ever a place in the world where we need to go,
then let this be the place.

4 comments:

The Jordan's said...

This is so true. We are so blessed to have somewhere to go to find peace. I am so glad that the temple was that full, it is nice to know that work is getting done! Thank you for sharing this with us.

Kellie said...

Boy reading this makes me wish we lived a little closer so we could go more often like we used to! But sure glad to know that the Temple is full, what a wonderful blessing!

Ras Family said...

Sorry that you had such a hard week. But I am glad that you got to go to the temple!!!!

Thanks for the email about the stain.

Sherise de Wit said...

I'm so jealous that you went to the temple but I'm excited to go with you on Valentines!! Hopefully anyway. I can't wait!