Sunday, December 28, 2008

Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas

HOME FOR THE HOLIDAYS!

We finally made it home safe and sound from our 5 day trip to Idaho Falls for the holidays. It was so much fun and I think it will take us a week to recoup from all the late nights we had. I do not believe Zack and I made it to bed anytime before 2:00 a.m. the whole time we were down there. We stayed up late playing games every night because we were having so much fun! On Christmas Eve, our familes came together and we had a sock party, ate fondue, played games, had a gift exchange, let the kids break a pinata, and had Mackee and Keely act out the nativity.

Mackee and Keely baked cupcakes and sprinkled reindeer food all over the front yard for Santa's crew. It was so cute to see them experience the magic of Christmas. When we tucked the girls in bed that night, Mackee said, "Mommy, can we check to see if Santa ate the cupcakes before we look to see if he brought us any presents? I think she was more worried about Santa getting enough to eat then anything because when she woke-up she said, "Mommy, Santa must have been thirsty because he took the cup of water we left out with him." Opps! She insisted on water not milk... The girls got just about everything one could imagine. I am still trying to figure out where I am going to put it all. Then, to top it off, while we were visiting family, we got do a bunch of activities. We got to go out to Grandma Rae's and go snowmobiling and sledding. They had so much snow pilled up from plowing the driveway that we actually got to sled down a hill that was probably close to 15 feet tall. We also got to go bowling with Zack's side of the family for an afternoon. Grandpa just about fell down every time it was his turn to bowl. We discovered that all of us bowl much better on the Wii then we do in real life. The highlight of the trip for me was my girls' night out when me and my family went to see TWILIGHT again! Yes, I am still addicted. No need to worry though, my heart belongs to my husband. I keep telling Zack I want a poster to put on the back of my bedroom door so Edward can watch me sleep at night. LOL Zack took my cousin Lindsay fly fishing at a nearby pond. Even though they froze their butts off in their float tubes, they still had a lot of fun. I think they decided to give up when the eyelits to their rods kept freezing, making it near impossible to cast.

I wish I could share more but that would take forever, so please enjoy the slideshow that I put together. Thank you to all of our family for your help with our girls and to Farren and Melissa for your hospitality! I think Zack and I gained about 5 pounds from all the yummy food, but it was worth it! "Do not worry Sherise, if you are reading this, I will be hitting the gym this week."

No comments: