Monday, October 19, 2009

Halloween Fun!

My time with the girls lately has been more limited than I am used to. I guess that is part of the challenges of going back to college. So this past week I decided to surprise Mackee at her school and whisk her off early so all of us girls could go on a mommy daughter date. Some of my friends and their children joined us as well. I took the girls to a place called The Berry Ranch. Otherwise known as a pumpkin patch. We spent time together going through a hay maze, playing on some old farm equipment, and picking out pumpkins. The girls and I loved it and I think as mom's it's important we make time for such small and simple things.




A cute picture of Mackee and Keely on the wagon with some of my friends children.



Mackee and Keely were fascinated with all the old farm equipment.





Mackee and her pumpkin!




Izzie sitting on some pumpkins!



Keely and her pumpkin!



I also wanted to celebrate some holiday fun with the girls by making a craft. Thanks to my sister Raegan for the idea, we decided as part of our family night this week we would make some SPOOKY GHOST'S.



Keely got a little excited about drawing her face on, but it was fun to see her get creative.


It's just a plastic garbage sack that is formed over a wire hanger. The picture below gives you a better idea of what they look like once you hang them up.





2 comments:

Lindsay said...

What a cute idea on the ghosts! That's a fun cheap decoration! Sure is fun to see the pictures of you all! Glad you're making time to post them! Lots of love!

Brysons said...

Look at you--time to be the fun mom AND time to blog about it...you must not sleep! Thanks for sharing all the cute pics!